Here are some reblogs of some of Tim Harding’s favourite recent posts by other writers. (Reblogging does not necessarily entail endorsement of the views expressed).
- Science or Snake Oil: will horseradish and garlic really ease a cold?
- Science or snake oil: is manuka honey really a ‘superfood’ for treating colds, allergies and infections?
- No, nanoparticles in baby formula will not harm your baby
- Cogent Criticisms: A Point-by-Point Reply to Criticisms of the “Conceptual Penis” Hoax
- The stampede of wind farm complaints that never happened
- Which supplements work? New labels may help separate the wheat from the chaff
- And then there were two: welcome back ABC Fact Check
- New evidence gives supporters of chiropractic a headache
- Please can we give up on complementary, alternative and ‘integrative therapies’ now?
- Mobile phone health alarmists bereft of credible arguments
- Winston Churchill’s sarcastic response to a call for prayers for rain
- A Skeptic’s Guide to Dowsing
- Science or Snake Oil: can a detox actually cleanse your liver?
- New study: no increase in brain cancer across 29 years of mobile use in Australia
- A Skeptic’s Guide to Astrology
- A Skeptic’s Guide to Conspiracy Theories
- Kitchen Science: everything you eat is made of chemicals
- Parade Magazine publishes uncritical article about (goddy) miracle cures
- Should scientists engage with pseudo-science or anti-science?
- Chemmart’s myDNA test offers more than it can deliver
- Rumours that GM mosquitoes may inadvertently have caused Brazil’s epidemic could potentially cost lives
- Dawkins, NECSS, and Working Together
- Australian Skeptics Convention 2016 – Melbourne
- Why would anyone believe the Earth is flat?
- Is the Chiropractic Board of Australia doing enough to protect consumers from pseudoscience?
- Age Editorial
- “Letter to the Editor…”
- Anti-vaccination is based on prejudice and superstition
- Can the ACCC ‘target the source’ of misleading labelling?
- Why do people decide to go gluten- or wheat-free?
- What’s in your herbal medicines?
- The problem of false balance when reporting on science
- Listen and learn: the language of science and scepticism
- Mind Body Spin-it Festival 2015
- The Australian Skeptic’s Guide to Cold Reading
- What’s next, a Senate inquiry into infrasound from trees, waves or air conditioners?
- Quit sugar, go paleo, embrace ‘clean food’: the power of celebrity nutrition
- Methyl Bromide and Strawberries .. Shock .. Horror .. Oh, Wait a Minute
- Science debunks fad autism theories, but that doesn’t dissuade believers
- What has science ever done for us? The Knowledge Wars, reviewed
- ‘What if Sydney University’s complementary medicine research shows it’s useless?
- ‘Holistic’ dentistry: more poppycock than panacea?
- Immunisation, the media and the amplification of irrational anxiety
- So, the NHMRC has found homeopathy doesn’t work. Now how do we get the message across?
- NHMRC Statement on Homeopathy